blah blah blog

Live your life first, blog about it later...

Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Busy Weekend!

I am an uncle! Abigail Dorothy is my neice's name, she was born on Thursday March 10, 2005 weighing 7 lbs 15oz. She is really tiny, but a beautiful baby none-the-less! She's got a full head of hair and she can wail with the best of 'um. I drove up to the Chicago-land area to see her on Friday morning and I came back home with my Mom and my sister Leah on Friday night. I drove 3 and a half hours by myself to get up there and I got about an hour and a half into the trip home before my sister took the wheel... the first thing she did was turn onto I-88 going back towards Chicago. Unfortunately on the tollway exits are few and far between. We were 23 miles from the nearest exit in Roselle, so we spent a solid 40 minutes driving in a big cirlce. Oh well, better than me falling asleep behind the wheel.

I just got back home from Des Moines tonight. My brother recruited me at the last minute to volunteer for the Hoover-Wallace dinner. Check it out. http://www.dmregister.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20050315/NEWS08/503150407/1001/archive
I got to see some really important people! I had to wear a suit and tie which was a major bummer, but the food was good and it looks great on a resume. I drove up around 10 am and I got back home about an hour ago (2 AM). I've put almost 1000 miles on my car in 4 days with *side trips*! Just wait until the trip down south and/or east!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home